Saturday, March 6, 2021

Hunger Game Brownies

     "Mom, can Gavin and I make brownies?" 

       The brownie saga started as with such an innocent question that turned into the biggest drama of the day. The boys fought over every single step of making those brownies.

    "I want to put in the water!"

    "They don't need water!"

Me: "Yes, they need water."

    "Mom said the tablespoon is the biggest measuring spoon in the drawer!"

    "This is the biggest one in the drawer!"

Me: "That's a cup. Not a tablespoon."

     "Let's add a fun ingredient!"

    "It says we can add fruit."

Me: "I will cry if you put fruit inside those brownies."

In the end, the brownies turned out to be absolutely delicious (without any adding surprises). However, I feared today was going to end with a Hunger Games style death tribute over a brownie making disagreement. 



6 comments:

  1. So funny! The Brownie Battles. I loved the line about crying if fruit is added! I'm glad the brownies came out delicious despite the battle making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - yes! I know this scenario and I love how you captured it. And tasty brownies in the end? Sounds like the odds, indeed, were ever in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks for sharing this glimpse into your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I will cry if you put fruit inside those brownies." Hahahaha! Such a funny post! So glad they turned out good!

    ReplyDelete

Allergies

 Spring brings joyous change.  Walks, open windows, tennis, Gardens and sunshine. Sadly, my darn allergies make me only want my bed. _______...