Friday, March 5, 2021

Exhaustion

     I don't want to write today. Not one ounce of my body feels like writing. Every ounce of my body feels like going back to bed. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping. I should be excited that it's Friday. Nope. I'm excited to go back to bed. 

    I knew when I went to bed last night that today was going to be a long one. I lathered myself in arthritis cream while whispering, "it puts the lotion on it's skin". Arthritis cream at night is a sure sign of an exhausting day to follow. I feel like someone hit my knuckles with a hammer while I was sleeping. However, I am determined to keep my routine. I am determined to keep writing. I am determined to go back to bed. 



6 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are not feeling well. I too have arthritis all over - name a joint and it’s there. It’s funny how our body communicates with us. Some days I wish it would stop trying to get my attention! Hope tomorrow is a better day. Congratulations on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am sorry you’re in pain. I have hips that hurt all the time. It’s okay to treat yourself with tenderness, to give yourself grace. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hands just ache reading this ... show up any way you can. That's what I'm doing this month -- reminds me how many students have to do this too. Hang in there - it is Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about my student's hesitation to write is the only reason I wrote this post. I want them to know that it's okay to struggle.

      Delete
  4. Woohoo for showing up! I hope your pain diminishes, painful joints are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to push through and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Allergies

 Spring brings joyous change.  Walks, open windows, tennis, Gardens and sunshine. Sadly, my darn allergies make me only want my bed. _______...