Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Dirty Laundry

     

    It's been 11 months since my kids have visited my mom's house. Her goat farm is only 45 minutes from our house. Since her and I are both high risk for Covid-19, we haven't been able to visit with each other. After the world shut down last Spring, my kids spent one week at a time staying on her farm. However, when she went back to work in June, the visits had to stop. 

    Fast forward to this week, and both of us now being fully vaccinated, the weekly visits can resume! Yesterday, I told my 10 year old to pack his bag because Mimi was going to pick him up at lunch today, so that he can spend a week with her and the goats. I was sitting peacefully in my room reading as he was humming to himself while packing his bag. Suddenly, I heard stifled giggling and knew something was up, but went on reading my book. Next thing I know, he is walking into my room with a pile of laundry taller than his head.

    "Well, at least I've solved the mystery of where all of my pants disappeared to," he gleefully proclaimed from my door!

    "Umm...is that all dirty laundry?" I questioned. "And where did it all come from?"

    "I must have forgot to unpack my suitcase from when I went to Mimi's house last year," he mumbled through the pile of dirty laundry.

    Not one bit of me was surprised by this discovery. So much of the last year we have been in Groundhog's Day mode. This gleeful discovery of dirty laundry gives me hope that a newness of living is on the horizon. 







3 comments:

  1. I love the metaphor of cleaning up the pile of dirty laundry to renewal and moving back to a more "normal" life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew! I’m grinning from ear to ear as I’m also filled w/ hope from reading this wonderful anecdote. But I bet those clothes smelled! I have two sons a know kid dirty laundry. I’m also wishing I could go play w/ goats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ever thought a phrase like "gleeful discovery of dirty laundry" would exist?! How wonderful that they got full weeks with her last spring. I am certain they are ready for them to resume.

    ReplyDelete

Allergies

 Spring brings joyous change.  Walks, open windows, tennis, Gardens and sunshine. Sadly, my darn allergies make me only want my bed. _______...