One week let until Spring Break and I am feeling on edge. I can't quite put my finger on what is causing this feeling. Is it:
- the six IEPs I've written in the last three weeks?
- collecting IEP progress monitoring during remote learning?
- sitting in staff meetings about upcoming, in-person state testing?
- IT band pain causing me to pause my daily run?
- teenage hormones?
- shoulder/spine pain?
- trying a new med, which turned me into a dizzy zombie?
- the fact that our weather has bounced between 25 degrees and 66 degrees in the last few weeks?
- teaching multi-sensory reading instruction in a remote environment?
- the dogs constantly barking at all things nature?
10 year old: Uhhh...6 minutes, no I mean 3 minutes or maybe it's 7 minutes.
Me: What time did he say he would be here?
10 year old: 30 minutes
Me: When did he text you that?
10 year old: He'll be here in 4 minutes, so 30 minus 4 is 26.
Over the last year, it seems that all major decisions in life have been decided using the same deductive reasoning as my ten year old. Here's hoping that as more people get vaccinated, decisions in life won't be seem as complicated as this conversation with my son.