Thursday, March 18, 2021

Curls

     "Your curly hair is so pretty. How do you style it?" asks a random stranger.

    "I just try not to anger the beast," I chuckle in response.

    Taming my curls is a process that I am still trying to master. I have tried the Curly Girl method. I own every Deva Curl product ever created. I can scrunch and plop with the best of them. Despite many failed curly hair attempts, I actually think I am very close to mastering the process of frizz-free hydrated curls. So far, the magic answer for me involves a hair mask, lots of product in soaking wet hair, fishnets, a silk hair bonnet and sleep. Simple enough. 

    We have been strictly quarantining for the last year, which means no hair cuts. During that time, my 10 year son has discovered a love for growing his hair long. During that time, I have discovered that he has inherited my luscious curls. With that being shared, I have to admit that I have NO IDEA how to help him style his curly hair. He's a big fan of the wild poof.  I've decided that as long as he is confident walking around looking like a mini Hugh Jackman from Wolverine, I'm not going to stress him out with style tips. 




   

    

1 comment:

  1. Pandemic discovered curls on a mini Wolverine, what surprises the past year has brought. Glad he is confidently rocking his wild poof.

    ReplyDelete

Allergies

 Spring brings joyous change.  Walks, open windows, tennis, Gardens and sunshine. Sadly, my darn allergies make me only want my bed. _______...